John Fogerty will release his long-awaited duets album Wrote a Song for Everyone on May 28th, with contributions from Foo Fighters, Zac Brown Band, My Morning Jacket, Bob Seger, Kid Rock and Jennifer Hudson.
Fogerty has been working on the project for the past year. “I think it was an idea from my wife Julie,” he told Rolling Stone last year. “I saw it as a great opportunity to play with some of my favorite musicians.”
He teamed up with the Foo Fighters for “Fortunate Son” very early in the process. “It’s not wildly different or exotically different from the original,” Fogerty said. “But energy-wise it’s a lot closer to what the Foo Fighters sound like, just the swagger of thing. People tend to say that Creedence was a roots rock & roll band, I don’t know that that was really true, but 40 years later it seems like a good fit. Led Zeppelin was just getting going, and the volume hadn’t really been turned way up yet the way it would be a little later with arena bands of the Seventies and Eighties.”
Fogerty will support the disc with a tour. Some of his concerts last year featured complete performances of the Creedence albums Bayou Country and Cosmo’s Factory. It’s unclear if he’ll revive that concept this year, but Fogerty told Rolling Stone that he’s open it. “That turned out to be a really wonderful idea,” he said. “Most of the albums are in the running, expect for maybe that very last one by Creedence. I never really enjoyed that one too much. It was certainly made under difficult emotions and circumstances. There are also a few albums in my solo career that have stood the test of time. So the concept is interesting.”
Here’s the complete track listing for Wrote a Song for Everyone.
1. “Fortunate Son” (with Foo Fighters)
2. “Almost Saturday Night” (with Keith Urban)
3. “Lodi” (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. “Mystic Highway” (John Fogerty solo)
5. “Wrote a Song for Everyone” (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. “Bad Moon Rising” (with Zac Brown Band)
7. “Long as I Can See the Light” (with My Morning Jacket)
8. “Born on the Bayou” (with Kid Rock)
9. “Train of Fools” (John Fogerty solo)
10. “Someday Never Comes” (with Dawes)
11. “Who’ll Stop the Rain” (with Bob Seger)
12. “Hot Rod Heart” (with Brad Paisley)
13. “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” (with Alan Jackson)
14. “Proud Mary” (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)
This album sounds awesome! Let me know what you think on my facebook page by clicking here.