“Free Gas For the Rest of the Year!”
Monday August 2, 2021 – Tuesday September 14, 2021
Contest conducted during the following times which are approximate and subject to change. Weekdays during contest period: 7:50a, 9:50a, 11:50a, 12:50p, 2:50p and 3:50p. No contest on Monday September 6, 2021. Final Weekday of Contesting is Monday September 13, 2021
$100 (one hundred dollars)
$2000 (two thousand dollars)
Taxes / 1099:
1) Winner must provide KOLA 99.9 with a current, valid government issued picture identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security card before any prize will be awarded.
2) Any person winning over $600 in prizes in a calendar year will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
3) Prize money in any denomination will be in the form of a check. All checks must be picked up at the KOLA Studios at 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 during regular business hours. Allow 6-8 weeks. Due to potential HEALTH restrictions, an appointment to pick up a prize at the KOLA studios will be required.
1) Prizes available on KOLA 99.9 may only, at times, and at the discretion of the client providing the prize, be delivered through electronic means. Those electronic means may require a valid email address, a downloaded app to a smart device or any other type of technical requirement in order to redeem said contest prize. If the potential winner does not comply or wish to comply with the technical requirements to redeem the prize, then that prize designated will automatically be forfeited and a new recipient/winner may or may not be chosen. There is no substitute prize or replacement prize for any person who does not wish to comply with the requirements to redeem that stated prize.
2) Any potential winner, even if announced, is subject to verification. If potential winner does not meet all requirements, no prize will be awarded regardless of any announcement of a winner’s status. All contestants (qualifiers) must be at least 18 years of age.
3) KOLA 99.9 FM is not responsible for the inability of the listener to enter through technical, mechanical, or other errors associated with entering said contest.
4) Employees and agents/vendors of KOLA 99.9, Anaheim Broadcasting and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives, including employees of Participating Sponsors or Provider of said Prize and any family members related to an employee who is involved in any way with the contest prize or elements of the contest prize, are ineligible to enter this contest conducted by KOLA 99.9.
5) All prizes must be claimed in-person at the KOLA Business Office – 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 – within 30 days of being contacted by KOLA 99.9 that said prize is available for pickup or that prize is forfeited. KOLA 99.9 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Prizes are not transferrable to any other person. All Prize Winners are encouraged to call KOLA Promotions (1-909-793-3554) prior to picking up a prize to confirm that said prize is available at the time of their proposed arrival.
How to Play:
The promotion will be conducted as follows:
a. Methods of winning will be determined and announced on-air at the time of the contest solicit and consist of Text Contests, Phone-in Contests, On-line Contests or a combination of all three. No particular method is guaranteed and KOLA reserves the right to change the method of entering or participating in the stated contest at anytime. Any contest involving a time (as listed above), the solicit may occur 5 minutes before or 5 minutes after the scheduled time.
d. On-Line. Listeners will be encouraged to visit once per day at www.kolafm.com to enter online for a chance at winning a spot into the grand prize drawing.. After 5:01p on Monday (9.13.21) a random drawing will take place from all the entries received online during the contest period. One entry will be chosen from all entries to be represented in the final Grand Prize Drawing. The entry chosen in this preliminary drawing will not receive the $100 awarded to on-air winners.
e. Grand Prize Drawing. A Grand Prize drawing will take place between 5:30p (9.13.21) and 7:30a Tuesday (9.14.21). The Grand Prize drawing will be made up of on-air winners/qualifiers and 1 (one) online qualifier chosen in a preliminary drawing as described above in (d.). Only one qualifier per household per any method used will be allowed in the Grand Prize Drawing.
f. At approximately 7:50a on Tuesday (9.14.21) an announcement will be made as to who is the person identified as the winner in the random Grand Prize Drawing as described above in (e.). The person randomly chosen in the drawing, will have nine-minutes and ninety-nine seconds to call the KOLA Studios at 1-909-798-5600. If that person (who’s name was announced at 7:50a) calls back within the allotted time, that person (subject to meeting eligibility requirements) will be announced as the “Grand Prize Winner”” stated above. There is no separate contest involving texting if the previously announced winner calls back in the allotted time.
g. If the person, who’s name was announced at or around 7:50a, does not call back within the allotted time (9-minutes 99-seconds), that person DOES NOT WIN the stated “Grand Prize”. KOLA is not responsible for the inability of a person (who’s name was announced at 7:50a as the potential winner) to contact the KOLA studio. No consideration for extenuating circumstances.
The contest is an “exception” to the 1 prize per calendar month rule. That is, a person may win 1 other prize during a calendar month and will still be eligible to win once with this contest. Qualifying prize of $100 can only be won once per household. Additionally a maximum of one on-air grand prize entry per household. Grand prize is based on the concept of 20 gallons per week at $5 per gallon for 17 weeks remaining in 2021 (ending 12.31.21). (20x$5 = $100 per week x 17 weeks = $1,700 rounded up to $2,000 grand prize)