“KOLA Dollar Bill Game”
Saturday (9.25.21) – Friday (1.7.22). Contest dates subject to change.
Contest conducted on Friday’s at the approximate time of 8:50a.
$100.00 (one hundred dollars)
Taxes / 1099:
1) Winner must provide KOLA 99.9 with a current, valid government issued picture identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security card before any prize will be awarded.
2) Any person winning over $600 in prizes in a calendar year will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
3) Prize money in any denomination will be in the form of a check. All checks must be picked up at the KOLA Studios at 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 during regular business hours. Allow 6-8 weeks. Due to potential HEALTH restrictions, an appointment to pick up a prize at the KOLA studios will be required.
1) Prizes available on KOLA 99.9 may only, at times, and at the discretion of the client providing the prize, be delivered through electronic means. Those electronic means may require a valid email address, a downloaded app to a smart device or any other type of technical requirement in order to redeem said contest prize. If the potential winner does not comply or wish to comply with the technical requirements to redeem the prize, then that prize designated will automatically be forfeited and a new recipient/winner may or may not be chosen. There is no substitute prize or replacement prize for any person who does not wish to comply with the requirements to redeem that stated prize.
2) Any potential winner, even if announced, is subject to verification. If potential winner does not meet all requirements, no prize will be awarded regardless of any announcement of a winner’s status. All contestants (qualifiers) must be at least 18 years of age.
3) KOLA 99.9 FM is not responsible for the inability of the listener to enter through technical, mechanical, or other errors associated with entering said contest.
4) Employees and agents/vendors of KOLA 99.9, Anaheim Broadcasting and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives, including employees of Participating Sponsors or Provider of said Prize and any family members related to an employee who is involved in any way with the contest prize or elements of the contest prize, are ineligible to enter this contest conducted by KOLA 99.9.
5) All prizes must be claimed in-person at the KOLA Business Office – 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 – within 30 days of being contacted by KOLA 99.9. If not picked up within 30 days of being contacted, that said prize is forfeited. KOLA 99.9 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Prizes are not transferrable to any other person. All Prize Winners are encouraged to call KOLA Promotions (1-909-793-3554 x213) prior to picking up a prize to confirm that said prize is available at the time of their proposed arrival.
6) Prize tickets and the rights associated with that prize reside with the originating company providing the tickets. Prize tickets won on KOLA 99.9 (regardless of method) are not to be sold through any means including online sites, newspapers, magazines or any media that allows sale of items unless a specific permission (obtaining permission is the sole responsibility of the winner and not KOLA 99.9) was secured from the participating sponsor who provided the promotional prize to KOLA 99.9. Rules regarding resale in anyway may result in that prize no longer being valid. Promotional tickets for theme parks are generally considered invalid and not useable if sold in any way to a third party who was not a winner through the above contest. It’s the winner’s responsibility to make sure they are complying with any rules in regards to resale of theme park tickets with that particular theme park who’s tickets they won. KOLA 99.9 is not responsible for replacing a prize that has been deemed invalid later by the participating sponsor at the time of redemption because of a sale to a third party or any other violation of that participating sponsor’s guidelines to promotional items given to KOLA 99.9 for the sole purpose of awarding listeners said items.
7) Prize consists only of the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize and does not include additional fees, gratuities, travel expenses and or taxes associated with the use of this prize.
How to Play:
The promotion will be conducted as described below. Methods of winning will be determined and announced on-air at the time of the contest solicit and consist of:
1. For “Text Contests”, a random drawing from all those listeners who texted in the correct “keyword” (meeting all requirements) and upon being contacted by KOLA through the winning process described below will be considered the qualifier/winner of that scheduled contest.
2. The contest period consists of the solicit at the prescribed times and the collection of texts during that time period, which is 5 minutes. That is, upon hearing the “keyword” for that particular contest time, the contestants have only 5 minutes to text that “keyword” to 1-909-798-5600 in order to be considered for the random drawing for that specific contest time. Each contest entry is separate. A contestant may only enter ONCE per scheduled contest time.
3. After the 5-minute texting period, a random drawing will take place. Upon choosing a random contestant. KOLA will call that random potential winner through the phone number provided (originated from phone). If that person does not answer their phone by the third ring, another random drawing will be held. This process continues until a potential qualifier/winner (through random drawing) answers their phone and completes the qualifying/winning process.
4. Upon completing the qualifying/winning process (being contacted by phone), that person will win the contest prize described above.
5. No entries are held over or considered during any other contest times that day or during any contest day. Contestants must enter each contest separately with the correct “keyword”.
1. The contest solicit specifies that in order to play, the listener must have a one dollar bill with three 9’s anywhere in the serial number. The 9’s do not have to be in order. However, there must be at least three 9’s somewhere in the serial number.
2. The correct number caller (meeting all eligibility requirements) will be awarded $100 (one hundred dollars) contingent on the fact that the listener bringing in said dollar bill with the correct serial number as told to KOLA in the process of filling out the winner’s information.
3. In order to claim the prize of $100 (one hundred dollars), that person must bring into the KOLA studios at 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands, CA 92374 that specific dollar bill to match with the number given to KOLA at the time of winning.
4. If that person cannot show possession of said dollar bill (no photo copies accepted), that person does not collect the $100.00 prize.
5. One person may only use a dollar bill’s unique serial number ONCE to win during the contest period of September 25, 2021 – January 7, 2022. If it’s determined that the unique serial number for that dollar bill have been previously used to win during the contest period described above, then no cash prize will occur with any listener associated with that serial number.
c. On-Line Contests. Listeners may be encouraged to visit once per day at www.kolafm.com . Entries (if an online entry component exists) must be received by the stated times in order to be eligible for any grand prize drawings. If a grand prize drawing exists, at least, one (1) entry will be chosen from all online entrants during that contest period to win the prize stated above. A listener can only win the stated prize once per household regardless of method of entry into the stated contest. That is, a listener cannot win on a text-in or phone-in contest and then win with an On-Line contest for the same exact prize during the contest period.
1. This contest is an “exception” to the 1 prize per calendar month rule.
2. That is, a person may win 1 other prize during a calendar month and will still be eligible to win once with this contest.