“KOLA Summer Ticket Window!”
San Diego Zoo (7.9.21 – 7.16.21)
On Air Times:
Contest conducted during the following approximate times:
(4) Four Tickets to the San Diego Zoo
Approximately $248.00 U.S. Dollars.
Taxes / 1099:
1) Winner must provide KOLA 99.9 with a current, valid government issued picture identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security card before any prize will be awarded.
2) Any person winning over $600 in prizes in a calendar year will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
3) Prize money in any denomination will be in the form of a check. All checks must be picked up at the KOLA Studios at 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 during regular business hours. Allow 6-8 weeks. Due to potential HEALTH restrictions, an appointment to pick up a prize at the KOLA studios will be required.
1) Prizes available on KOLA 99.9 may only, at times, and at the discretion of the client providing the prize, be delivered through electronic means. Those electronic means may require a valid email address, a downloaded app to a smart device or any other type of technical requirement in order to redeem said contest prize. If the potential winner does not comply or wish to comply with the technical requirements to redeem the prize, then that prize designated will automatically be forfeited and a new recipient/winner may or may not be chosen. There is no substitute prize or replacement prize for any person who does not wish to comply with the requirements to redeem that stated prize.
2) Any potential winner, even if announced, is subject to verification. If potential winner does not meet all requirements, no prize will be awarded regardless of any announcement of a winner’s status. All contestants (qualifiers) must be at least 18 years of age.
3) KOLA 99.9 FM is not responsible for the inability of the listener to enter through technical, mechanical, or other errors associated with entering said contest.
4) Employees and agents/vendors of KOLA 99.9, Anaheim Broadcasting and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives, including employees of Participating Sponsors or Provider of said Prize and any family members related to an employee who is involved in any way with the contest prize or elements of the contest prize, are ineligible to enter this contest conducted by KOLA 99.9.
5) All prizes (tickets) must be claimed in-person at the KOLA Business Office – 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 – within 30 days of winning or that prize is forfeited. KOLA 99.9 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Prizes are not transferrable to any other person. All Prize Winners are encouraged to call KOLA Promotions (1-909-793-3554) prior to picking up a prize to confirm that said prize is available at the time of their proposed arrival.
How to Play:
The promotion will be conducted as follows:
i. The contest is conducted weekdays at the described contest times above. All contest times are approximate. The contest solicit portion can play anywhere between five minutes before the scheduled contest time and five minutes after the scheduled contest time.
ii. Methods of winning will be determined and announced on-air at the time of the contest solicit and consist of (Iii / iv / v. ) or a combination there of. No particular method is guaranteed and KOLA reserves the right to change the method of entering or participating in the stated contest at any time.
iii. Text Contests
iv. Phone-in Contests
v. On-Line. Listeners will be encouraged to visit once per day at www.kolafm.com to enter online for a chance at winning. From all online entries, at least (1) winner of the stated prize above will be chosen on Friday July 16th at 5:01pm. That person will be notified and must meet all eligibility requirements.
vi. Only one winner per household of a KOLA Summer Ticket Window prize per month regardless of the method of winning. Additionally, no exact theme park prize may be won more than once by the same household during the entire run of the contest (7.1.21 – 7.31.21) regardless of what month the giveaway falls into.
vii. For “Text Contests”, a random drawing from all those listeners who texted in the correct “keyword” (meeting all requirements) and upon being contacted by KOLA through the winning process described below (viii, ix) that person will be awarded the prize described above.
viii. The contest period consists of the solicit at the prescribed times and the collection of texts during that time period, which is 5 minutes. That is, upon hearing the “keyword” for that particular contest time, the contestants have only 5 minutes to text that “keyword” to 1-909-798-5600 in order to be considered for the random drawing for that specific contest time. Each contest entry is separate. No entries are held over or considered during any other contest times that day or during any contest day. Contestants must enter each contest separately with the correct “keyword”.
ix. Upon choosing a random contestant (from vii.), KOLA will call that random potential winner through the phone number provided (originated from phone). If that person does not answer their phone by the third ring, another random drawing will be held. This process continues until a potential winner (through random drawing) answers their phone and completes the winning process.
x. In the case of contests involving texting, all data fees and charges apply and KOLA is not responsible for any fees or charges that coincide with the listeners ability to enter through texting.
xi. Additionally, by texting KOLA for requests, comments on topics, inquiries or any contest, it’s understood that you will receive a reply containing an advertisement. All data fees and charges apply per your existing texting or data play.
xii. Prize consists only of the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize and does not include additional fees, gratuities, travel expenses and or taxes associated with the use of this prize.
xiii. Prize tickets and the rights associated with that prize reside with the originating company providing the tickets. Prize tickets won on KOLA 99.9 (regardless of method) are not to be sold through any means including online sites, newspapers, magazines or any media that allows sale of items unless a specific permission (obtaining permission is the sole responsibility of the winner and not KOLA 99.9) was secured from the participating sponsor who provided the promotional prize to KOLA 99.9. Rules regarding resale in anyway may result in that prize no longer being valid. Promotional tickets for theme parks are generally considered invalid and not useable if sold in any way to a third party who was not a winner through the above contest. It’s the winner’s responsibility to make sure they are complying with any rules in regards to resale of theme park tickets with that particular theme park who’s tickets they won. KOLA 99.9 is not responsible for replacing a prize that has been deemed invalid later by the participating sponsor at the time of redemption because of a sale to a third party or any other violation of that participating sponsor’s guidelines to promotional items given to KOLA 99.9 for the sole purpose of awarding listeners said items.
xiv. No proxies and no transfer of eligibility to another person.
xv. The contest continues in this manner until the final day of contesting as described above.
The contest is an “exception” to the 1 prize per calendar month rule. That is, a person may win 1 other prize during a calendar month and will still be eligible to WIN once per month (see vi. above) with the “KOLA Summer Ticket Window” (During Contest Window)