“KOLA Summer Ticket Window!”
Contest conducted during the following approximate times unless otherwise stated:
(4) 1-Day, 1-Park Tickets to Disneyland or Disney California Adventure Park
Approximately $616 U.S. Dollars.
Taxes / 1099:
1) Winner must provide KOLA 99.9 with a current, valid government issued picture identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security card before any prize will be awarded.
2) Any person winning over $600 in prizes in a calendar year will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
3) Prize money in any denomination will be in the form of a check. All checks must be picked up at the KOLA Studios at 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 during regular business hours. Allow 6-8 weeks. Due to potential HEALTH restrictions, an appointment to pick up a prize at the KOLA studios will be required.
1) Prizes available on KOLA 99.9 may only, at times, and at the discretion of the client providing the prize, be delivered through electronic means. Those electronic means may require a valid email address, a downloaded app to a smart device or any other type of technical requirement in order to redeem said contest prize. If the potential winner does not comply or wish to comply with the technical requirements to redeem the prize, then that prize designated will automatically be forfeited and a new recipient/winner may or may not be chosen. There is no substitute prize or replacement prize for any person who does not wish to comply with the requirements to redeem that stated prize.
2) Any potential winner, even if announced, is subject to verification. If potential winner does not meet all requirements, no prize will be awarded regardless of any announcement of a winner’s status. All contestants (qualifiers) must be at least 18 years of age for this contest.
3) KOLA 99.9 FM is not responsible for the inability of the listener to enter through technical, mechanical, or other errors associated with entering said contest.
4) Employees and agents/vendors of KOLA 99.9, Anaheim Broadcasting and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives, including employees of Participating Sponsors or Provider of said Prize and any family members related to an employee who is involved in any way with the contest prize or elements of the contest prize, are ineligible to enter this contest conducted by KOLA 99.9.
5) Generally, all prizes must be claimed in-person at the KOLA Business Office – 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 – within 30 days of being contacted by KOLA 99.9 that the prize is available for pickup. If not picked up within 30 days of being contacted – that the prize is available, that said prize is forfeited. KOLA 99.9 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Prizes are not transferrable to any other person. All Prize Winners are encouraged to call KOLA Promotions (1-909-793-3554 x213) prior to picking up a prize to confirm that said prize is available at the time of their proposed arrival.
Methods of Winning:
Methods of winning consist of: (a) Text, (b) Phone, (c) Online. Method to be determined and announced on-air at the time of the contest solicit and may consist of any of the methods (a., b., c.) or a combination of all three. No particular method is guaranteed and KOLA reserves the right to change the method of entering or participating in the stated contest at any time.
a. Text Contests
b. Phone-in Contests
a. Text Contests
b. The contest period consists of the solicit at the prescribed range of times and the collection of texts during that time period, which is 5 minutes. That is, upon hearing the “keyword” for that particular contest time, the contestants have only 5 minutes to text that “keyword” to 1-909-798-5600 in order to be considered for the random drawing for that specific contest time. Each contest entry is separate. No entries are held over or considered during any other contest times that day or during any contest day. Contestants must enter each contest separately with the correct “keyword”.
c. For “Text Contests”, a random drawing from all those listeners who texted in the correct “keyword” (after the 5 minute period described in “b.”) will become a potential qualifier or winner depending on the specific contest at that time.
d. Upon choosing a random contestant (from c.), KOLA will call that random potential qualifier or winner through the phone number provided (originated from the phone via text). If that person does not answer their phone by the third ring, another random drawing will be held. This process continues until a potential qualifier or winner (through random drawing) answers their phone and completes the process to become a “contestant”.
e. Upon meeting requirements of age or previous qualifier or winner status, this random contestant will have the opportunity to be a part of one or more of the elements described below:
f. In the case of “KOLA Summer Ticket Window!” the contestant will: (1.) win the stated prize immediately.
g. See “Exceptions and Disclosures” below
h. Phone Contests
i. Upon meeting requirements of age or previous qualifier or winner status, this 19th caller will have the opportunity to be a part of one or more of the elements described below:
j. In the case of “KOLA Summer Ticket Window!” the 19th caller will: (1.) Win the stated prize immediately.
a. Online Contests
b. In the case of “KOLA Summer Ticket Window!” Listeners will be encouraged to enter once per day online at kolafm.com (if any tickets are available for online entry – ). Entries must be received by 5pm on any scheduled Friday Online Drawing to be eligible for that week’s stated prize unless unavailable. At least one entry will be chosen for the stated prize (if available during that contest week). Online entry for the stated prize is not guaranteed and is subject to change based on an available stated prize. Check www.kolafm.com to see the availability of any stated prize and the ability to enter for such stated prize.
c. For this specific contest (“KOLA Summer Ticket Window!”), each weekly drawing (if a prize is available) is separate. No online entries will be carried over to the next online drawing. All listeners must enter again to be eligible for the next drawing consisting of all those listeners who entered that week online at www.kolafm.com for that week’s stated prize.
Exceptions and Disclosures:
a. Prize consists only of the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize and does not include additional fees, gratuities, travel expenses and or taxes associated with the use of this prize.
b. Prize tickets and the rights associated with that prize reside with the originating company providing the tickets. Prize tickets won on KOLA 99.9 (regardless of method) are not to be sold through any means including online sites, newspapers, magazines or any media that allows sale of items unless a specific permission (obtaining permission is the sole responsibility of the winner and not KOLA 99.9) was secured from the participating sponsor who provided the promotional prize to KOLA 99.9. Rules regarding resale in anyway may result in that prize no longer being valid. Promotional tickets for theme parks are generally considered invalid and not useable if sold in any way to a third party who was not a winner through the above contest. It’s the winner’s responsibility to make sure they are complying with any rules in regards to resale of theme park tickets with that particular theme park who’s tickets they won. KOLA 99.9 is not responsible for replacing a prize that has been deemed invalid later by the participating sponsor at the time of redemption because of a sale to a third party or any other violation of that participating sponsor’s guidelines to promotional items given to KOLA 99.9 for the sole purpose of awarding listeners said items.
c. No proxies and no transfer of eligibility to another person.
d. The contest continues in this manner until the final day of contesting as described above.
e. A listener shall only win a maximum of (1) cash prize of any amount in any 30-day period. Additionally, only (1) winner of tickets to Disneyland or Disneyland California Adventure Park during any 30-day period.