|Contest:||“KOLA Hi-Lo Stack of Cash!”|
|Dates:||Monday March 7, 2022 – Friday April 15, 2022 (Subject to change)|
|Contest Times:||Contest conducted during the following approximate times unless otherwise stated:
Weekdays: 7:50a, and during the hours of: 9:00a, 10:00a, 11:00a, 12:00p, 2:00p and 3:00p. Contest times are not guaranteed. At KOLA 99.9’s discretion, specific days and times may be changed at any time. An announcement to that change will be made on-air at the time of that change.
|Prize:||Various cash amounts per individual contest not to exceed $1,000 (one thousand dollars per contest inclusive)|
|Retail Value:||Various cash amount depending on contest amount at that time.
One winner per household of any cash amount during the entire contest period.
|Taxes / 1099:||1) Winner must provide KOLA 99.9 with a current, valid government issued picture identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security card before any prize will be awarded.
2) Any person winning over $600 in prizes in a calendar year will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
3) Prize money in any denomination will be in the form of a check. All checks must be picked up at the KOLA Studios at 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 during regular business hours. Allow 6-8 weeks. Due to potential HEALTH restrictions, an appointment to pick up a prize at the KOLA studios will be required.
|Eligibility:||1) Prizes available on KOLA 99.9 may only, at times, and at the discretion of the client providing the prize, be delivered through electronic means. Those electronic means may require a valid email address, a downloaded app to a smart device or any other type of technical requirement in order to redeem said contest prize. If the potential winner does not comply or wish to comply with the technical requirements to redeem the prize, then that prize designated will automatically be forfeited and a new recipient/winner may or may not be chosen. There is no substitute prize or replacement prize for any person who does not wish to comply with the requirements to redeem that stated prize.
2) Any potential winner, even if announced, is subject to verification. If potential winner does not meet all requirements, no prize will be awarded regardless of any announcement of a winner’s status. All contestants (qualifiers) must be at least 18 years of age.
3) KOLA 99.9 FM is not responsible for the inability of the listener to enter through technical, mechanical, or other errors associated with entering said contest.
4) Employees and agents/vendors of KOLA 99.9, Anaheim Broadcasting and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives, including employees of Participating Sponsors or Provider of said Prize and any family members related to an employee who is involved in any way with the contest prize or elements of the contest prize, are ineligible to enter this contest conducted by KOLA 99.9.
5) All prizes must be claimed in-person at the KOLA Business Office – 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 – within 30 days of being contacted by KOLA 99.9 that the prize is available for pickup. If not picked up within 30 days of being contacted – that the prize is available, that said prize is forfeited. KOLA 99.9 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Prizes are not transferrable to any other person. All Prize Winners are encouraged to call KOLA Promotions (1-909-793-3554 x213) prior to picking up a prize to confirm that said prize is available at the time of their proposed arrival.
|How to Play:||The promotion will be conducted as follows:
a. Methods of winning will be determined and announced on-air at the time of the contest solicit and consist of (b.)Text Contests, (c.) Phone-in Contests, (d.) On-line Contests or a combination of all three. No particular method is guaranteed and KOLA reserves the right to change the method of entering or participating in the stated contest at any time.
b. Text Contests
c. Phone-in Contests
e. For “Text Contests”, a random drawing from all those listeners who texted in the correct “keyword” (meeting all requirements) and upon being contacted by KOLA through process described in sections (f.) and (g.) will become that scheduled contest time’s “contestant”.
f. The contest period consists of the solicit at the prescribed range of times and the collection of texts during that time period, which is 5 minutes. That is, upon hearing the “keyword” for that particular contest time, the contestants have only 5 minutes to text that “keyword” to 1-909-798-5600 in order to be considered for the random drawing for that specific contest time. Each contest entry is separate. No entries are held over or considered during any other contest times that day or during any contest day. Contestants must enter each contest separately with the correct “keyword”.
g. Upon choosing a random contestant (from e.) KOLA will call that random potential winner through the phone number provided (originated from phone). If that person does not answer their phone by the third ring, another random drawing will be held. This process continues until a potential winner (through random drawing) answers their phone and completes the process to become a “contestant”.
h. This random contestant will have the opportunity to guess the amount. The contestant will be told if the guess is either (a) to low, (b) too high, or (c) the correct amount. Only one guess will be allowed. The announcer is not responsible for a listener’s guess that is unintelligible and then disputed. The first number that the announcer hears from the contestant is the only guess allowed at that time.
i. If the guess is incorrect, no cash prize will be awarded and the game will be played at the next available contest time as described above and subject to change at any time per KOLA 99.9’s discretion. The contestant is eligible to play at the next scheduled contest time as long as they complete the process described in (e.), (f.) and (g.).
j. If the guess is correct, that contestant will win the pre-determined cash amount in the KOLA Hi-Lo Stack of Cash. At KOLA’s discretion, a dollar amount guessed, at any time, may or may not be added to by an additional dollar amount determined by KOLA. In that instance, the actual dollar amount awarded for the correct guess would be higher than the exact amount guessed during that particular contest . The contestant, having won that specified cash amount as announced by KOLA, is no longer eligible to play in any remaining KOLA Hi-Lo Stack of Cash contests during the above stated contest period nor is anyone in that person’s household allowed to play.
k. Once the winning amount of that specific contest has been successfully guessed, a new contest amount may or may not be chosen. At that time, an announcement to the next contest time (if any) will be made. In some cases, the next contest time announced may or may not be the next scheduled time as described above. The new scheduled time may be on a different day and not the subsequent next time as originally described as the next contest time.
l. The contest will continue in this manner until the approximate date of Friday April 15, 2022. However, that date may change. An earlier or later final contest day may be determined by KOLA 99.9 at any time during the stated contest period.
m. In the case of contests involving texting, all data fees and charges apply and KOLA is not responsible for any fees or charges that coincide with the listeners ability to enter through texting.
n. Additionally, by texting KOLA for requests, comments on topics, inquiries or any contest, it’s understood that you will receive a reply containing an advertisement. All data fees and charges apply per your existing texting or data plan.
o. Prize consists only of the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize and does not include additional fees, gratuities, travel expenses and or taxes associated with the use of this prize.
|Exceptions:||A listener shall only win a maximum of (1) cash prize of any amount in any 30-day period. Additionally, regardless of the 30-day period, only (1) cash prize of any amount during the entire run of “KOLA Hi-Lo Stack of Cash!”|