|Contest:||“Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights”|
|Dates:||Saturday, September 3, 2022 – Friday, September 16, 2022 (Subject to Change)|
|Times:||Contest conducted weekdays at approximately|
|Prize:||(4) tickets to Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights|
|Retail Value:||Approximately $400 U.S. Dollars.|
|Taxes / 1099:||Winner must provide KOLA 99.9 with a current, valid government issued picture identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security card before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes in a calendar year will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Prize money in any denomination will be in the form of a check. All checks must be picked up at the KOLA Studios at 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 during regular business hours. Allow 6-8 weeks. Due to potential HEALTH restrictions, an appointment to pick up a prize at the KOLA studios will be required.|
|Eligibility:||Prizes available on KOLA 99.9 may only, at times, and at the discretion of the client providing the prize, be delivered through electronic means. Those electronic means may require a valid email address, a downloaded app to a smart device or any other type of technical requirement in order to redeem said contest prize. If the potential winner does not comply or wish to comply with the technical requirements to redeem the prize, then that prize designated will automatically be forfeited and a new recipient/winner may or may not be chosen. There is no substitute prize or replacement prize for any person who does not wish to comply with the requirements to redeem that stated prize.Any potential winner, even if announced, is subject to verification. If potential winner does not meet all requirements, no prize will be awarded regardless of any announcement of a winner’s status. All contestants (qualifiers) must be at least 18 years of age.KOLA 99.9 FM is not responsible for the inability of the listener to enter through technical, mechanical, or other errors associated with entering said contest. Employees and agents/vendors of KOLA 99.9, Anaheim Broadcasting and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives, including employees of Participating Sponsors or Provider of said Prize and any family members related to an employee who is involved in any way with the contest prize or elements of the contest prize, are ineligible to enter this contest conducted by KOLA 99.9. All prizes must be claimed in-person at the KOLA Business Office – 1940 Orange Tree Lane Suite 200, Redlands Ca 92374 – within 30 days of being contacted by KOLA 99.9. If not picked up within 30 days of being contacted, that said prize is forfeited. KOLA 99.9 may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. Prizes are not transferrable to any other person. All Prize Winners are encouraged to call KOLA Promotions (1-909-793-3554 x213) prior to picking up a prize to confirm that said prize is available at the time of their proposed arrival.Prize tickets and the rights associated with that prize reside with the originating company providing the tickets. Prize tickets won on KOLA 99.9 (regardless of method) are not to be sold through any means including online sites, newspapers, magazines or any media that allows sale of items unless a specific permission (obtaining permission is the sole responsibility of the winner and not KOLA 99.9) was secured from the participating sponsor who provided the promotional prize to KOLA 99.9. Rules regarding resale in anyway may result in that prize no longer being valid. Promotional tickets for theme parks are generally considered invalid and not useable if sold in any way to a third party who was not a winner through the above contest. It’s the winner’s responsibility to make sure they are complying with any rules in regards to resale of theme park tickets with that particular theme park who’s tickets they won. KOLA 99.9 is not responsible for replacing a prize that has been deemed invalid later by the participating sponsor at the time of redemption because of a sale to a third party or any other violation of that participating sponsor’s guidelines to promotional items given to KOLA 99.9 for the sole purpose of awarding listeners said items.Prize consists only of the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize and does not include additional fees, gratuities, travel expenses and or taxes associated with the use of this prize.|
|How to Play:||The promotion will be conducted as described below. Methods of winning will be determined and announced on-air at the time of the contest solicit and consist of:|
(a) Phone-in Contests, (b) On-line Contests or a combination of all three.
No particular method is guaranteed and KOLA reserves the right to change the method of entering or participating in the stated contest at anytime. Any contest involving a specific time (if listed above), the solicit may occur 5 minutes before or 5 minutes after the scheduled time. One winner per household of above stated prize per entire run of this contest.
During the contest times above, listeners may be encouraged through a contest solicit to be the correct number caller at 1-909-798-5600. Some phone-in contests involve being the first to answer a trivia question or participate in the mechanics of an on-air contest where the winner of that contest will be awarded the prize described above.
On-Line Contests. Listeners may be encouraged to visit once per day at www.kolafm.com . Entries (if an online entry component exists) must be received by the stated times in order to be eligible for any grand prize drawings. If a grand prize drawing exists, at least, one (1) entry will be chosen from all online entrants during that contest period to win the prize stated above. A listener can only win the stated prize once per household regardless of method of entry into the stated contest. That is, a listener cannot win on a text-in or phone-in contest and then win with an On-Line contest for the same exact prize during the contest period. Exceptions. This contest is an “exception” to the 1 prize per calendar month rule. That is, a person may win 1 other prize during a calendar month and will still be eligible to win once with this contest.
|Exceptions and Disclosures:||a. Prize consists only of the item(s) specifically listed as part of the prize and does not include additional fees, gratuities, travel expenses and or taxes associated with the use of this prize.|
b. Prize tickets and the rights associated with that prize reside with the originating company providing the tickets. Prize tickets won on KOLA 99.9 (regardless of method) are not to be sold through any means including online sites, newspapers, magazines or any media that allows sale of items unless a specific permission (obtaining permission is the sole responsibility of the winner and not KOLA 99.9) was secured from the participating sponsor who provided the promotional prize to KOLA 99.9. Rules regarding resale in anyway may result in that prize no longer being valid. Promotional tickets for theme parks are generally considered invalid and not useable if sold in any way to a third party who was not a winner through the above contest. It’s the winner’s responsibility to make sure they are complying with any rules in regards to resale of theme park tickets with that particular theme park who’s tickets they won. KOLA 99.9 is not responsible for replacing a prize that has been deemed invalid later by the participating sponsor at the time of redemption because of a sale to a third party or any other violation of that participating sponsor’s guidelines to promotional items given to KOLA 99.9 for the sole purpose of awarding listeners said items.
c. No proxies and no transfer of eligibility to another person.
d. The contest continues in this manner until the final day of contesting as described above.
e. A listener shall only win a maximum of (1) cash prize of any amount in any 30-day period. Additionally, only (1) winner of tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood during any 30-day period.
· Universal City Studios LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood is a prize provider only in this promotion; is not a sponsor of this promotion; and is not responsible for the administration of the promotion, the collection of the entries or the selection of any winner. Any disputes, claims, and causes of action against Universal Studios Hollywood arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in any portion of the prize involving Universal Studios Hollywood shall be resolved by applying the laws of California, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Los Angeles, California. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.
· In connection with any visit to Universal Studios Hollywood, please be advised that Sponsor’s and Universal’s policies, CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any Universal destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Sponsor and Universal cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
· By accepting the Prize, winner, on behalf of him or herself and on behalf of any individuals who use the Prize, expressly assumes the risk that during use of the Prize they may be exposed to COVID-19, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, or other communicable and/or infectious diseases. Winner and Guests, if any, expressly understand that these risks include contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases and the associated dangers, medical complications and physical and mental injuries, both foreseen and unforeseen, that may result from contracting COVID-19 or other communicable and/or infectious diseases.
· The State of California strongly recommends that all guests be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, obtain a negative COVID-19 test result prior to visiting, or wear a face covering.* Guests who are not fully vaccinated should wear a face covering during their visit.
· *See current CDPH Guidance for Fully Vaccinated Persons <hyperlink: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/COVID-19-Public-Health-Recommendations-for-Fully-Vaccinated-People.aspx> regarding full vaccination. PCR or antigen test should be conducted within 72 hours before your visit.
· All parts of the Prize selected are subject to availability and blackout dates, and subject to change without written notice or warning. Should an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics and the spread of infectious diseases, including without limitation COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization and any of the strains, variants or mutations thereof), and any related governmental or judicial actions taken in connection with, or as a response to, any such event, or any other event beyond the reasonable control of a party, whether or not existing, known, foreseen or foreseeable at the time this Sweepstakes occurs, render the redemption or fulfilment of some or all of the Prize delayed, hindered, adversely affected, impracticable, or impossible, Universal Studios Hollywood in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to evaluate and make modifications to the redemption and fulfilment processes and timelines for the Prize or portion of the Prize for which Universal Studios Hollywood is responsible for, which may include but is not limited to providing additional time for redemption and/ or fulfilment. Should the Prize become unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered.
IN REGARDS TO TICKETS: 1-Day General Admission to Park (Valid on your selected date only). All guests ages 5 and older must be prepared to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (at least 14 days after final dose was administered) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 24 hours (antigen i.e., “rapid” test) or 48 hours (PCR test) of visit, prior to Park entry. Guests ages 18 and older must also show photo ID. For more details, visit https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/operations-safety-updates. Additional restrictions may apply. Parking not included. Ticket is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable. This ticket may not be altered, copied, transferred or resold. This ticket is only valid for the person named on it, or when accompanied by the person named on it. Ticket cannot be combined with other offers, separately ticketed events, discounts, Halloween Horror Nights or sightseeing tours. Please note the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected, any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19, and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. By accepting admission, you assume all inherent risks and agree to release Universal and its affiliates from liability for illness (including communicable / infectious diseases), loss, injury, or damage related to your purchase or visit. Universal reserves the right to revoke the license granted by this ticket. Park, rides/shows/attractions, entertainment, experience details and/or access to event may be restricted or unavailable due to capacity/closures/other factors and benefits/restrictions are subject to change without notice. For Park hours, visit UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/calendar-and-hours. Valid at Universal Studios Hollywood, located in Los Angeles, California.
NOTE: The Prize Packages must be awarded by September 30, 2022 and must be used by October 31, 2022 or prize will be forfeited. If winner is unable to fulfill prize during time period, winner forfeits the prize package. Blackout dates or other restrictions may apply. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to winner only and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Prize Packages are non-transferable and have no cash value. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. All unclaimed and/or unused prize packages, will remain the property of USH and may not be used as sales or trade incentive for employees of Sponsor and may not be sold, exchanged or otherwise transferred by winner, nor used by Sponsor, its agencies or clients. All details of the Prize Packages will be determined by USH in its sole discretion and USH reserves the right to substitute a similar prize or prize element of comparable value. Tickets are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Universal Studios winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
All tickets are valid during normal operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. Some special events may be separately ticketed. USH reserves the right to change the name of all tickets. Unless specifically indicated otherwise, all tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed “hard ticket” entertainment events at any of the theme parks, hotels, or within any of the Universal CityWalk venues.
WARNING: EVENT MAY BE TOO INTENSE FOR YOUNG CHILDREN AND IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. NO COSTUMES OR
COSTUME MASKS ALLOWED.
Halloween Horror Nights is a separately ticketed event. Event occurs rain or shine. No rain checks, returns or refunds. Prices, dates, times, attractions,
entertainment, and/or experience details are subject to availability, changes and/or cancellation without notice. Park, attractions, entertainment or access
to event may be restricted or unavailable due to capacity/closures/other factors and benefits are subject to change without notice. Parking not provided.
Additional restrictions may apply.